Monday, August 9, 2010
Reality has hit me....
Posted by Ellen Carroll at 12:37 PM
Reality has totally hit me, full force. My husband will be leaving for deployment sometime the beginning of Sept. I always thought I would be strong and handle it well, but as the days go by, It gets worse. How am I going to survive without my bestfriend, my son's father, a husband? Yes, it could be worse, he could deploy for 12 to 14 months, but because he is special forces its only 6 months, it could be worse, but my heart still breaks.
Everyone says Military Wives are very strong people, they couldnt handle being in our shoes, but now I'm doubting my strength, I know I will survive, but the nights will be so lonely, the hard days will be harder then what they really are. I do feel blessed that I have Gabriel with me, I see me being so attached to him, taking him everywhere with me, sleeping with me, he looks just like his father, which does help me.
I have 2 bestfriends who are military wives, I know at least I have them to have my back and support. I would be lost without them. So shout out to them, Jennifer and Bre I love you girls more than you know!!
Everyone says Military Wives are very strong people, they couldnt handle being in our shoes, but now I'm doubting my strength, I know I will survive, but the nights will be so lonely, the hard days will be harder then what they really are. I do feel blessed that I have Gabriel with me, I see me being so attached to him, taking him everywhere with me, sleeping with me, he looks just like his father, which does help me.
I have 2 bestfriends who are military wives, I know at least I have them to have my back and support. I would be lost without them. So shout out to them, Jennifer and Bre I love you girls more than you know!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comments:
If you need a listening ear for your worries just give me a shout here or on JM... I've been through deployments. I can definitely understand all those "what if" questions that are running through your head...Take the time to prepare and talk with your hubby about your concerns and deal with issues that might arise while he's away. Trust me, doing that now, will help your anxiety and fears as the day approaches.
Post a Comment