Sunday, August 1, 2010
Gabriel Harley
Posted by Ellen Carroll at 5:49 PM
I guess you could call this my "Birth Story" although nothing exciting happend, no rushing to the hospital in the middle of the night, no labor or water breaking, but to me this is my birth story.
Gabriel was born on Monday July 26th at 8:19am via Ceserean Section. He weighed 9ibs 9oz and was 21.2 inches long, now thats big, but considering I am 5'11" and David is 6'3" It wasnt really a suprise.
This was a scheduled C section, so we arrived at the hospital at 6am, got admitted by 6:15 and I was just waiting. My nerves were holding up, Gabriel was moving a storm, his heart rate was perfect and they took an ultrasound and he was head down in the perfect position. I felt oddly calm, wasnt nervous or scared, that was until all the people started coming in. First was the nurse, putting in my IV's, that wasnt a big deal..but when The anesthesiologist came in and started talking to me about what was going to happen, thats when the nerves started. Then my operating nurse came in and started all her paperwork, then my OB came in to make sure I was doing ok, well up until now I was fine! now I am a nervous wreck! By 7:45 they said "ok dad you need to get changed and get ready, were about ready to take her back to the OR" I was literally about to cry.
8:00am I was all ready to go, I was really suprised how easy it was to get the spinal, I didnt like the epidural with my first son, but this was a walk in the park. I remember my legs going numb, and they started prepping and all I could think about was my husband, where was he, were they going to start without him? They put up the blue sheet..and in came my husband. I remember the OB saying "ok mom lets have a baby" and I knew it would literally be any minute I would see my beautiful baby boy. 8:19am I heard his cry, and I cant even explain how my heart felt, Overwhelming love took over, Immediate tears fell down my face, to hear that little cry, knowing he came out ok, was the best feeling. I got to see him all for 10 seconds before they took him to clean up, and thats all it took. Who knew you could love something so much after 10 seconds, I knew I would give my life for him, love him unconditionally.
Recovery went well, I slept a lot and about 2 hours we were off to our room, I could finally hold my little prince in my arms. It was the best feeling, my life felt so empty before him, now it was full of life and love. I never wanted to let him go, and I still dont to this day.
The day after surgery was very painful, Very hard to do anything, walk, roll over, lift my legs, but it was so worth it to me.
We are home now and things are amazing, I am healing good, still sore. Walking a little better, everyone says how amazing I am doing, but honestly I think I hide it well. Gabriel is sleeping very well, waking only once or twice a night. Barely ever cries and is just a joy to be around! Makes me laugh and just sucks me into his world. I have to be with him 24/7 and I cant help but stare into his eyes all day.
I LOVE waking up with him in the middle of the night, it gives me an excuse to hold him! and stare into his eyes again!
I feel like this is so long, but I cant stop talking about him, so I guess I will end this before it ends up being a Stephen King novel.
I am sure I will have much more blogs about my "mister" in the days, months and years to come! I guess you could call this my birth story but to me, this is my life! July 26th at 8:19am my life changed and will never be the same again. I learned what it was like to love again, feel fulfilled and joyous. I love my little boy so much it hurts, I finally have a meaning to be here. Even now, I am sitting here staring at him in amazment and wanting to hold him again, so with that I will end this long blog. I couldnt find a better way to end my birth story!
Gabriel was born on Monday July 26th at 8:19am via Ceserean Section. He weighed 9ibs 9oz and was 21.2 inches long, now thats big, but considering I am 5'11" and David is 6'3" It wasnt really a suprise.
This was a scheduled C section, so we arrived at the hospital at 6am, got admitted by 6:15 and I was just waiting. My nerves were holding up, Gabriel was moving a storm, his heart rate was perfect and they took an ultrasound and he was head down in the perfect position. I felt oddly calm, wasnt nervous or scared, that was until all the people started coming in. First was the nurse, putting in my IV's, that wasnt a big deal..but when The anesthesiologist came in and started talking to me about what was going to happen, thats when the nerves started. Then my operating nurse came in and started all her paperwork, then my OB came in to make sure I was doing ok, well up until now I was fine! now I am a nervous wreck! By 7:45 they said "ok dad you need to get changed and get ready, were about ready to take her back to the OR" I was literally about to cry.
8:00am I was all ready to go, I was really suprised how easy it was to get the spinal, I didnt like the epidural with my first son, but this was a walk in the park. I remember my legs going numb, and they started prepping and all I could think about was my husband, where was he, were they going to start without him? They put up the blue sheet..and in came my husband. I remember the OB saying "ok mom lets have a baby" and I knew it would literally be any minute I would see my beautiful baby boy. 8:19am I heard his cry, and I cant even explain how my heart felt, Overwhelming love took over, Immediate tears fell down my face, to hear that little cry, knowing he came out ok, was the best feeling. I got to see him all for 10 seconds before they took him to clean up, and thats all it took. Who knew you could love something so much after 10 seconds, I knew I would give my life for him, love him unconditionally.
Recovery went well, I slept a lot and about 2 hours we were off to our room, I could finally hold my little prince in my arms. It was the best feeling, my life felt so empty before him, now it was full of life and love. I never wanted to let him go, and I still dont to this day.
The day after surgery was very painful, Very hard to do anything, walk, roll over, lift my legs, but it was so worth it to me.
We are home now and things are amazing, I am healing good, still sore. Walking a little better, everyone says how amazing I am doing, but honestly I think I hide it well. Gabriel is sleeping very well, waking only once or twice a night. Barely ever cries and is just a joy to be around! Makes me laugh and just sucks me into his world. I have to be with him 24/7 and I cant help but stare into his eyes all day.
I LOVE waking up with him in the middle of the night, it gives me an excuse to hold him! and stare into his eyes again!
I feel like this is so long, but I cant stop talking about him, so I guess I will end this before it ends up being a Stephen King novel.
I am sure I will have much more blogs about my "mister" in the days, months and years to come! I guess you could call this my birth story but to me, this is my life! July 26th at 8:19am my life changed and will never be the same again. I learned what it was like to love again, feel fulfilled and joyous. I love my little boy so much it hurts, I finally have a meaning to be here. Even now, I am sitting here staring at him in amazment and wanting to hold him again, so with that I will end this long blog. I couldnt find a better way to end my birth story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment